Shady Creek Young Guns Youth Team
About the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP):
The SCTP is the largest and most exciting clay target program for youth in the United States. The SCTP provides the opportunity for boys and girls in the elementary grades through high school to participate in the exciting and challenging sports of trap, skeet and sporting clays in a supportive environment taught by trained and supportive adult coaches focusing on the safe handling and use of firearms.
About the Shady Creek Youth Team:
- Head Coach: Jim Vincent, Cell: 316-990-6978, Email: email@example.com
- We are a non-profit organization that raises funds for youths interested in the shooting sports and provides certified coaches that train youth on gun safety and marksmanship.
- The majority of the team members are amateur shooters that enjoy shooting sporting clays together. Come join us if you are a novice or advanced shooter.
- Team practices are held Saturdays and/or Sundays all year (weather permitting). Attendance is not mandatory for team practice each week. Come as often as you would like.
- The team also participates in local and state sporting clay championship events, however that is not a requirement to be part of the team.
- If you are in need of full sponsorship, please call anyway to get on our list. There are opportunities to accomplish that goal.
- Additional Flyer Information
Shady Creek Youth Team Practice Prices:
- Half Price Targets: $10.00 for 50 targets
- Ammunition: $12.00 for 50 shells
- Free Gun Rental
- Free Coaching from a NSCA Certified Coach
- *Only scheduled team practices with an approved coach will qualify for sponsor support. Sign-up is required to attend a practice.
SCTP Member Prices: (Required for Competitions)
- SCTP Athlete Annual Fee: $20.00
- NSCA Youth Annual Fee: $10.00
SCTP Additional Information:
SCTP Registration Forms:
SCTP Program Goals:
- June 2, 2018: SCTP Kansas State Sporting Clays Championship at Powder Creek in Lenexa, KS
- June 9-10, 2018: NSCA Kansas State Sporting Clays Championship at Flint Oak in Fall River, KS
- July 14-21, 2018: SCTP National Championship at Cardinal Shooting Center in Merengo, Ohio
- Oct 20-28, 2018: NSCA National Championship at National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, TX
- *Additional competitions may be added throughout the season. Participation in competitions is NOT a requirement for involvement with the youth team.
- Teach the safe and responsible handling and use of firearms.
- Provide a supportive team-based environment, using clay target sports as the catalyst, for teaching life lessons and skills that emphasize positive character traits and citizenship values.
- Introduce young shooters to a sport that can be enjoyed for a lifetime, one that offers a level playing field and one that offers all family members an opportunity to play.